Now Ubisoft published its financial results for the third quarter of fiscal year 2017-18, which ended December 31st, 2017.
Below you can take a look at a breakdown of sales by platform and by region. As usual, PS4 stays Ubisoft’s top-selling platform.
Chief Executive Officer Yves Guillemot additionally followed the media release with a statement, providing more information regarding the subject of Ubisoft’s company between October and December 2017.
“Our very strong third-quarter performance highlights just two regions where we have made major strides. First our games’ live operations are making continuous progress. It has fueled momentum for both electronic and back catalogue, which both hit record highs this past year. Secondly, the recurring profile of our business has experienced a very favorable impact on our newest releases. ”
“These successes show that our differentiating strategy of blending long-term investment in our gifted teams and our multi-studios collaboration version is paying off. This approach enables us to deliver high-quality blockbusters while keeping our communities participated through regular major updates. Consequently, Ubisoft is perfectly positioned to achieve its targets for monetary 2017-18 and 2018-19. ”
In addition, we get a series of bullet points comprising the publisher’s most relevant achievements during the past quarter.
Great performance Throughout the board
– Assassin’s Creed® Origins:
o Business’s third best-seller in EMEA at 2017
o Average playtime per player anticipated to almost double2
– Tom Clancy communities: nearly 60 million exceptional players
– Ghost Recon® Wildlands: Industry’s seventh best-seller in EMEA and tenth at NCSA
– Rainbow Six® Siege esports: World-famous teams — Evil Geniuses, Team Liquid,
FaZe Clan and Counter Logic Gambling — combined the Pro League
– The Section®: Player engagement more than doubling using the 1.8 upgrade
– SwitchTM: Ubisoft is the console’s leading third-party writer, together with Mario +
Rabbids® Kingdom Battle ranking top-seller for Switch’s third party games
– For Honor®: Fifth most viewed new game on Twitch in 2017
– Mobile: 75.6 percent growth and partnership signed between Ketchapp along with Tencent at
Quite significant progress for digital transformation (nine-month interval)
– Sharp 75.0% increase in Digital earnings to $670.3 million (representing 56.3 percent of total
sales compared with 47.2 percent one year previously)
– PRI3 surges 87.4% to $318.5 million (representing 26.7% of overall sales compared
with 20.9% one year before)
Confirmation of their ardently recurring profile of the Group’s business (nine-month interval)
– Back-catalogue sales up 31.5% to $608.8 million
Last, but not least, the press release showcased a list of Ubisoft’s releases during the present quarter (before March 31st, 2018).
If you wish to compare, you can also take a look at the former quarter’s results within our committed post.